Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Wanna know something cool? Quite possibly the coolest thing ever? (well, to me anyway!)  I got married at Disney World. Ok, I'm sure you're envisioning a grand ceremony in front of Cinderella's Castle with fireworks, a horse drawn carriage, Mickey and Minnie as the bridal party, right? Well, kinda. Sorta. Ok, not exactly. But pretty damn close!  We actually got married outside of the parks, at Disney's Boardwalk, a la Sea Breeze Point. It's beautiful there. Not quite Cindy's Castle, but a whole lot cheaper! (Did I mention it's gorgeous too?)  And, unfortunately, Mickey and Minnie didn't make an appearance at the wedding ceremony.  Turns out, you have to buy their friendship. Lame! Oh, and that horse drawn carriage? Apparently, my husband thinks it's overrated. And over-priced. So ixnay on that.  But how about a private viewing of Epcot's Illuminations fireworks with lots of yummy desserts? Check. How about a private bridal photo shoot inside Magic Kingdom and Epcot 


before the parks open and let in all those tacky tourists and screaming kids? You can check that too.  So, really, it was pretty freakin' awesome to get married at Disney World.  And lucky for you, (well, if you're as Disney and/or wedding obsessed as I am) I journaled my entire planning process as well as the entire week of wedding festivities at the Happiest Place on Earth. And I'm going to share it all here. Mostly, because I'm still so excited about Disney and getting married. And getting married at Disney. But there's also that pesky little problem in my life where all my friends and family are so over me talking about how cool my life is. That's lame too!

 Oh, and I have hundreds and hundreds of pictures for your viewing pleasure too! You lucky readers you! (ok...so I'm being a little silly. But I really am excited about it) Hope you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy reliving all the awesomeness (and sometimes not so awesomeness) of getting married at the House of Mouse. 

Sneak peek! (Why, yes, that is the happy couple in front of Cinderella's Castle!)




No comments:

Post a Comment